You don't have to be overweight Leaderboard

Monday, February 16, 2015

Six Time Olympic Gold Medalist Bolt to Retire from Athletics after 2017

Olympic six-time gold medalist Usain Bolt has announced that he will be retiring from athletics after the 2017 World Championships in London.
                                     
According to BBC reports that even though Usain Bolt had suggested that the Rio Games in 2016 would be his last major championship, he now appears to have changed his mind to make a return to London.

Regarding what he told Daily Mail that his reason for adding one more year is basically because his sponsors have asked him to do so.
                       
He stated "My sponsor has asked me to go on for another year; to 2017 and London. But I'll be doing one event, the 100 meters. I've already discussed it with my coach. I can concentrate on that and on retiring in a winning note."

No comments:

Post a Comment